The health benefits of lima kaffir. Kaffir limes are the popular title of Citrus Hystrix, a tropical fruit that originally existed in various parts of Asia, including Indonesia, Thailand and the Philippines. In addition to the use of many ingredients for meals, due to its especially acid and delicious taste, kaffir lime is also very popular in herbal medicine, mainly for its rich substances of beneficial organic compounds that can effectively improve the body’s metabolism. The leaves and bark are strong in flavor, in addition, which can sometimes renew the taste of the dish. The oil, leaves and essence of kaffir limes are consumed for many functions. Sometimes we can find kaffir limes mixed in soups, especially the leaves, which are often combined in Indonesian dishes.
Kaffir lime has a strong flavor due to the rich content of alkaloids, citronellol, limonene, neroli and other organic substances in kaffir files. Not only do these compounds serve a typical smell and taste, but in fact they have several health benefits. The oil essence of the leaves, as well as the leaves, is normally used for health benefits. The leaves are normally consumed orally to cause unique healthy benefits. Listed below are some of the health benefits of Kaffir Limes.
14 Benefits of Consuming Kaffir Lime:
1. Oral Hygiene:
- The extensive use of kaffir file is in the protection of oral hygiene.
- In addition, it is not only the fruit itself that should be consumed for this, but only the bark and leaf extract.
- The leaves can be rubbed together in the gums to induce good oral health and destroy dangerous bacteria that can get stuck in the mouth.
- The oil essence of kaffir limes can also be combined with organic toothpaste and mouthwashes to improve oral health and gum care.
2. Clean the Blood:
- Kaffir lime oil is sometimes combined in many concoctions for those who suffer from blood diseases or serious blood-related diseases.
- The special combination of highly reactive substances is notorious for destroying parasites or foreign agents in the blood, while also cleaning the liver and lymphatic system to filter out dangerous compounds and improve your overall health.
3. Aids Digestion:
- There are some substances detected within kaffir limes that are also detected in lemongrass and other similar plants.
- These organic compounds are normally anti-inflammatory, but they also trigger healthy enzymes for the digestive system.
- If you are distressed by constipation or metabolism problems, some kaffir lime concoctions can clear your manifestations and get your intestinal tract back to a normal flow.
- This can help prevent future gastrointestinal problems from getting worse, such as colorectal cancer and other problems related to the digestive tract.
4. Small Insect Repellent:
- In nations where kaffir lime was grown natively, insect-borne diseases can eliminate hundreds of people every year.
- Because of this factor, kaffir lemons are sometimes consumed for their insect repellent qualities.
- Citronellol and limonene detected in kaffir files are very unattractive to many insects, and when a lotion or liquid content with kaffir lime juice / oil is applied to the skin’s filament, the risk can be greatly reduced of being gnawed by insects.
Medicinal Consumption of Kaffir Lime:
Therefore, here are the benefits of kaffir lime for increased medical consumption:
5. Less Inflammation:
- For those who suffer from rheumatism, arthritis, edema, gout, or some other inflammatory diseases, then kaffir files can be very impressive medications.
- You can consume the juice, leaves, or oil essence partly in the area of the body where you are experiencing discomfort or pain in the nerves, and you can also use fruit and juices to share the same reaction.
- This anti-inflammatory reaction also makes kaffir lemon juice advantageous for headaches and other head related problems.
6. Reduce Stress:
- In addition, many people consider kaffir limes to be mainly beneficial in aromatherapy.
- If you suffer from trauma or many nervous diseases, then you have the opportunity to smell these acidic odors that can relax your body and mind.
- The oil essence taken from these great fruits can be used for its smell with great reaction.
7. Protects the Immune System:
- Not only is the use of the surface able to prevent disease and bacteria from accumulating on the skin, In fact, while consumed, kaffir lime can afford to avoid many types of intestinal diseases and improves the body’s immune system through of its antioxidant properties.
- The antibacterial and antioxidant properties of Kaffir limes make them great substances to greatly improve the body’s immune system.
8. Fight the Discomforts of the Flu:
- To cure the flu, you can boil an estimated 30 leaves that have been cut into pieces with 2 cups of water and leave them until the water residue is in the middle of the pot.
- After that drink while warm to get healthy benefits.
9. Heal Fatigue After Illness:
- You can do this by preparing the concoctions by boiling the kaffir lime extract with fresh tap water with five liters of water.
- Burn the water until it boils and let it cool for 30 minutes.
- After that combine with cold water until the water is much hotter and drinkable.
- Then you can use water for bath therapy.
10. Take Care of the Skin:
- The juice and essence of lemon kaffir are combined in various cosmetic and bath formulas to improve its flavor, as well as its antioxidant qualities.
- Some of the acids detected in the kaffir file can help normalize free radicals, the harmful waste of cell production that can trigger cell mutation, as well as cancer.
- Antioxidant substances also reduce the spread of cells and decrease the presentation of aging marks, scars and inflammation of grains. If you want your skin to shine healthy again, then you may need to drink kaffir lemon juice.
11. Hair Health:
- One of the few popular properties of kaffir lime extract and leaves is in healthy hair.
- You can spread the concoctions and substances to your head and hair to reduce the appearance of the pattern of male baldness and enhance the hair follicles.
- This also rinses the skin to prevent dandruff and enhances the appearance so that it has more shine.
12. Dental Health:
- The leaves, however, are the most nutritious part of the plant.
- They are easy to store since they can be put in the freezer for many months without losing their flavor.
- Only one or two are enough to fill a pot full of soup.
- The leaves can be brushed on the gums and teeth for a total dental cleaning.
13. Relaxation Bath:
- The oil extracted in the leaves is taken and used for many benefits.
- It is mixed in various bath products such as soaps and shampoos.
- The oil is a good cleanser for hair and dandruff, the smell of the leaves is refreshing.
- Simply add a few drops of oil or a few grind blades to your bathroom and you will begin to throw your negative aura away.
- It is believed to have a lovely effect on the brain and body and leaves one with inspirational thinking.
14. Serves as an Air Freshener:
- The oil also mixes with deodorants and sprays perfumes to get that extra smell.
- The oil is also combined in tonics that help in metabolism and cleanse the blood.
- Some air fresheners with the aroma of lime kaffir rejuvenate the rooms and give a feeling of deep cleanliness.
- Meanwhile, there are many health benefits of kaffir lime for the body and beauty treatment. In fact, you can try to consume it then.
How to Process Kaffir File?
- Kaffir lime leaves are too hardened to be consumed, so they are kept large and reserved or cut into pieces.
- Many Indonesian recipes like to mix with kaffir lemon leaves.
- If the leaf is used whole, such as curry or soup, most people do not eat the leaf itself.
- To start, tear the sheet by grasping it by the junction between the two sheets and start it.
- When eating, simply avoid eating the leaf and move it to the side of your plate or bowl.
- Kaffir lime has a rough fruit with an irregular shell.
- Catch it open and it is similar to a sweet lime, except that it is not so sweet but has a bitter taste, it is often grown in particular Asian cultures.
- The kaffir lime leaf is a single double leaf combined in such a way that the lower part of the leaf is oval and the upper part resembles an inverted heart shape.
- The leaf when fresh has a bright shape and is full of extracted oils.
In addition to the consumption of food for which many people know this fruit, it has another benefit that makes it a common staple in most Indonesian homes.
- In Indonesian popular culture, this plant is popularly considered to cleanse the mind and body and protect itself from the evil spirit, which explains why each house has one of them.
- The use of the fruit is not as exhaustive as that of the leaves.
- In addition, fruit juice is better for healthy gums.
- It has cleansing qualities and when combined with soaps it can remove the toughest stains.
- The fruit peel is used in many metabolic tonics and blood cleansers.
Caution for Kaffir Lima:
- Therefore, there are many benefits of kaffir file, but you should also read these precautions.
- Due to the strong property of kaffir lime essential oil, it is not recommended to drink it directly, as it can cause nausea, vomiting, dizziness, lightheadedness and other distressing side effects.
- Always combine the extracted oil with water or other diluent liquid.
- In addition, there are no known side effects of kaffir lime consumption.
- As with any herbal remedy, try to take professional medical advice before making important changes to your supplement diet.