If you want to know how to eliminate abdominal fat, first of all … congratulations on your decision! Begin to learn is the first step to eliminate excess fat in your body. However, it is necessary to know why fat accumulates in the abdomen and that to achieve a goal such as eliminating abdominal fat, the effort must be made by the entire body and not only the muscles of the abdomen.
Myth and Reality of Abdominal Exercises
Almost naturally, if you set yourself a goal of eliminating abdominal fat, you think of abdominal exercises. However, not all abodinal fat is the same. To begin with, there are two types of abdominal fat.
- Subcutaneous fat: located between the skin and muscles. It is not related to risk diseases such as diabetes or metabolic syndrome.
- Visceral fat: is found around the organs of the abdominal cavity. It is related to risk diseases such as diabes, metabolic syndrome and heart problems. Visceral fat releases hormones related to these diseases.
Recent studies report that training a specific area of the body does not always help burn fat in that area. This is important, because the flat belly and the visible and defined abdominal muscles have become the new symbols of physical health and, why not say it, happiness. And for that reason, the Internet and the television commercials are full of advertising devices aimed at strengthening the abdominal muscles. The abdominal muscles are responsible for allowing us to perform various movements and maintain balance. Undoubtedly exercising the abdominal muscles will keep them flexible and strong but … they will not be visible if they are covered by a layer of fat! That is to say that doing abdominal exercises only, will not help the achievement of a goal such as eliminating abdominal fat but you should perform a complete program of exercises that allow you to burn fat evenly and healthy.
How to Eliminate Abdominal Fat with Exercises
The best exercises for achieving a goal such as eliminating abdominal fat are those that accelerate all the metabolism, and aerobic exercises. Regarding intensity and frequency, the exercises that allow achieving an objective such as eliminating abdominal fat should have moderate to high intensity. For example, a study published by the NIH showed that low-intensity aerobic exercise or strength training does not reduce abdominal fat. And on the other hand, to obtain significant results they must be frequent. For example, aerobic exercises of moderate intensity for 30 minutes five times a week or high intensity aerobics for 20 minutes three times a week. Another factor that has a great influence to reduce body fat is the combination of exercises, as in the high intensity intermittent exercise program. This type of training combines short series of high intensity exercises followed by less intense recovery periods.
“It has been discovered that this type of program allows you to burn more fat and after exercise”.
If you do not want to do this type of training, you can combine aerobic exercises with fast and regular walks.
How to Eliminate Abdominal Fat with Changes in Diet
Changing the diet is key to achieving a goal such as eliminating abdominal fat. The main changes consist of changes in the diet and the size of the portions. It should begin with the suppression of industrialized foods, too loaded with fats and sugars, and the incorporation of foods rich in proteins. The reason is that high-protein foods provide a greater feeling of fullness than low-calorie foods, and increase metabolism to burn 100 Kcal per day. It is also effective to increase the amount of foods with fiber, as these help to lose weight and increase the feeling of fullness. At the same time, decreasing portion sizes helps you lose weight. In summary: less industrialized foods, more foods rich in fibers and proteins and smaller portions.
How to Eliminate Abdominal Fat with Food
There are foods that can help you to achieve a goal such as eliminating abdominal fat. They are the ones that can naturally increase metabolism and promote fat loss. The mentally market is full of fat burning supplements that may not be very effective; in fact, all of them must be accompanied by a program of exercises and changes in the diet. The fat burning foods are:
- Fatty fish such as salmon, herring, sardines, mackerel: rich in omega 3, lower levels of the hormone cortisol, associated with fat storage. They are also rich in protein and provide a greater feeling of fullness. Add 100 grams of fatty fish to your diet twice a week.
- MCT oils: MCT oils or medium chain triglycerides are supplements that are obtained from coconut oil or palm oil. MCTs are a type of fat that is absorbed quickly and the body uses it immediately for energy. Thus, the intake of these oils accelerates metabolism, increases the feeling of fullness and increases muscle mass during weight loss. It is recommended to eat 1 to 2 tablespoons per day.
- Green tea: in addition to helping reduce the risk of heart disease and protect against certain types of cancer, green tea provides a moderate amount of caffeine and an antioxidant that burns abdominal fat by acting on the metabolism. It is recommended to drink up to 4 cups per day of green tea.
- Apple cider vinegar: in addition to its medicinal properties known since the time of the grandmothers, properties such as appetite reduction and fat burning from its acetic acid content are attributed to apple cider vinegar. It is recommended to start with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar diluted in half a glass of water, until gradually reaching 1 to 2 tablespoons per day.
- Other foods that are attributed the power to increase caloric expenditure and goals such as reducing abdominal fat are coffee, eggs, coconut oil, whey protein, hot peppers or chili peppers due to its content in capsaicin, tea Oolong, low fat Greek yogurt and our well-known and dear friend olive oil.