Would you like to speed up metabolism and lose weight a little more easily? Discover a turmeric and ginger drink that will help you. If we want to lose weight more easily, it is necessary to consume foods and remedies that help us to accelerate the metabolism, like this turmeric and ginger drink that we present today. Discover in this article how this drink can help you lose weight in less time and in a healthy way, as well as how to prepare it.
Why to Speed up Metabolism?
Metabolism is a function of our body that is related to energy expenditure, temperature, digestion, circulation or breathing, among others.
“When our metabolism works correctly, our body burns calories in a balanced way”.
In contrast, when the metabolism is too slow, it costs us much more to burn calories. In these cases, we gain weight easily, we have more sensitivity to cold and digestion is slower, etc. For this reason, it is convenient to take care of the metabolism, taking a balanced diet. Accelerating metabolism means that, with the same effort, our body will burn more calories, which will result in greater weight loss. However, something essential to accelerate the metabolism is to perform physical exercise on a regular basis. We propose the following exercise.
Food that Accelerates the Metabolism
It can be very useful for our slimming diet to know the foods that have the virtue of accelerating the metabolism:
- Turmeric: spice that works as a natural yellow coloring. It is antioxidant, analgesic and anti-inflammatory.
- Ginger: exotic, spicy and refreshing spice, with diuretic properties, very beneficial especially for women.
- Coconut oil: coconut oil activates the metabolism and helps eliminate the fat that accumulates in the waist.
- Almond: it is an excellent dry fruit very rich in calcium, which helps fight osteoporosis.
- Avocado: it is one of the best fruits thanks to its high content of vitamins, minerals, proteins, fibers and essential fatty acids.
- Grapefruit: it is an ideal fruit to lose weight and improve the purifying function of the liver and kidneys.
- Green tea: a millenarian and medicinal drink very antioxidant and alkalizing.
- Ceylon Cinnamon: this spice is a stimulant and natural aphrodisiac.
- Cayenne pepper: very spicy spice that promotes digestion and the burning of calories.
- Coffee: diuretic, antioxidant and stimulant drink.
- Oats: it is a very nutritious and caloric cereal, but that favors the loss of weight.
- Beans: Beans or beans activate metabolism and promote intestinal function.
Drinking water throughout the day is also an accelerator of metabolism.
Turmeric and Ginger Drink to Speed up Metabolism
Below we detail how to make this turmeric and ginger drink that accelerates metabolism naturally. We have added coconut oil to its ingredients because it is a very healthy fat that, instead of making us fat, accelerates even more the function of burning fat, especially that which accumulates in the waist.
We will need the following ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder (10 g)
- 1 tablespoon of ginger powder (10 g) or a piece of fresh ginger (20 g)
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil (15 g)
- 1 liter of water
- Stevia to taste (or honey)
To prepare this drink of turmeric and ginger we will follow the following steps:
- We will put water to boil. When boiling, add the turmeric and ginger and turn off the heat. Let stand the covered casserole for 10 minutes.
- If we use fresh ginger, we should let it cook for 15 minutes and then add the turmeric before putting out the fire.
- When the drink is warm, add coconut oil and stevia and mix well.
- We should drink this warm drink. If we let it cool too much the oil will solidify.
How do We Take it?
- We will take this drink fasting and spread throughout the day, especially outside meals, so that it has a greater effect on the metabolism.
- It is also an excellent drink to take when we do sports. In that case we can also sweeten it with a little honey, to make it more energetic.
- If we take it in the afternoon or evening, we must bear in mind that it is very diuretic.